When it comes to nail trends, glitter acrylic nails have been making a splash in the beauty world.
From rainbow shimmer to confetti-sized sparkles, there are so many options for the glitter acrylic nail fan (check out other articles about nail salon designs).
But the question remains: Is glitter acrylic nails just a fad, or is it here to stay?
Let’s dive into the world of glitter acrylic nails and uncover the truth.
Glitter Acrylic As A Fad?
Many people would say that glitter acrylic is just a fad – however, glitter acrylic nails have been around for years now!
Nail care companies are constantly innovating and bringing us new and exciting types of glitter polishes.
Glittery nails are no longer the domain of tweens and teens; the trend has now grown to be more sophisticated – but still fun!
Glitter on the Runway
On the runways this year glitter acrylic was all over – from New York and Paris to London and Milan.
There were so many fantastic uses of glitter – glittery rainbow nails, sparkles at the edge of nude nails, a shimmery ruby, and even a 3D effect with opalescent HD glitter.
These designers are proving that glitter acrylic nails are not just a fad – they are going to be around for a long time.
Here’s some nail glitter inspo that will leave you mesmerized.
12 Ways To Wear A Glitter Acrylic
When using glitter polish it can be easy for it to end up looking juvenile – but there are many options to use it that are sophisticated and stylish – with just a hint of rebellion!
1. Wear it on the tips of your nails for shimmering, gradient-type effect.
2. Or swap it around and have the glitter at the base of your nails, fading towards the tips.
3. Paint your nails neutral or white, and do a thin line of fine gold glitter along the sides of your nail – just next to the skin. A glitter nail pen would make this easier!
4. Go for a monochromatic palette instead of a multi-colored polish. Natural metallic tones such as cobalt, rose gold, silver, and copper are very elegant.
5. Paint all your nails a solid color (try matte for a bigger effect), then add a glitter topcoat on just one nail – keeping the shade the same.
6. Do a metallic reverse French – here the contrasting secondary color is at the moon of your nail instead of the tip. Use deep navy as your main color and metallic silver as the secondary for immediate class.
7. Use deep navy as your main color and metallic silver as the secondary for immediate class.
8. Silver holographic is a funky, but less ‘in-your-face type’ of glitter polish that will be perfect for a classy dinner.
9. Add a delicate gold glitter top coat to a soft peach for just a hint of sparkle.
10. A thin silver line where the white and pink meet on a French manicure will add a touch of glam for any bride.
11. Instead of a white tip for a French mani, use a subdued shimmery gold.
12. You don’t even need glitter polish – you can simply use normal polish and loose glitter.
13. Lay out some newspaper first because this can get messy, then While the polish on your nails is still wet, shake over a very fine glitter, and let dry.
14. This creates a textured, but not too sparkly, design.
15. Bonus tip – Is your mani starting to chip? Simply brush over a layer of glittery polish and no one will notice!
Tips for a Flawless Glitter Application
Now that you know the techniques, let me share some tips to help you achieve a flawless glitter application:
1. Use a glitter adhesive: If you’re working with loose glitter, using a glitter adhesive can make the application process much easier. Simply apply the adhesive to your nails, let it dry until it’s tacky, and then apply the glitter.
2. Tap off the excess: When working with loose glitter, it’s important to tap off the excess before sealing it in with a top coat. This will prevent any clumps or bumps on the nail surface.
3. Experiment with layering: For a multidimensional look, tr y layering different colors and sizes of glitter. This can create a stunning effect that catches the light from every angle.
4. Clean up any mess: Glitter can be messy, so make sure to clean up any stray specks before applying the top coat. You can use a small brush or a piece of tape to remove any glitter that has landed on your skin or cuticles.
5. Practice makes perfect: Don’t be discouraged if your first attempt doesn’t turn out exactly as you envisioned. Like any skill, applying glitter takes practice.
Keep experimenting and refining your technique, and soon you’ll be creating dazzling nail designs like a pro.
With these techniques and tips, you’ll be able to add a touch of sparkle to your acrylic nails that will turn heads and make you feel like a glitter goddess.
Have fun, get creative, and let your nails shine bright like diamonds!
How To Remove Glitter Polish
There’s only one thing not to like about glitter acrylic nails – getting that glitter off! If you have tried to remove glitter polish before, you know what I mean – it just sticks around!
Always using a base coat before adding the glitter polish will go a long way to helping get it off, but even with that, it can still be difficult.
Here is a surefire way to get the glitter polish off:
- Gather cotton balls, tin foil, and non-acetone nail polish remover. Acetone will weaken and dissolve acrylic nails.
- Tear the tinfoil into small squares.
- Soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover, place it over your acrylic nail, and wrap it in tinfoil.
- Repeat for the rest of your nails.
- Sit for 3-5 minutes.
Unwrap the tinfoil and slide the cotton ball, wiping the nail as you go.
You now should have glitter-free nails, ready for the next design! The nail polish remover will be quite drying on your skin and cuticles, so after washing your hands put on a layer of moisturizer.
Glitter acrylic nails are not just a passing trend, they are here to stay!
With their endless design possibilities, long-lasting wear, and confidence-boosting properties, it’s no wonder they have become a favorite among nail enthusiasts and technicians.
So go ahead and embrace the sparkle – your nails deserve it!
What are your thoughts on glitter acrylic nails? Have you tried them? Let us know in the comments below!
If you want to check out more articles about nail trends you can read more here!
More Related Resources: