Remember when you colored Easter eggs or made tie-dyed shirts as a kid? Well, water marbling nails is a lot like that… Water marbling is a hot, new nail art design that is fun, enjoyable, and is bound to turn some heads!
Super cool? Yes. Tricky nail art design? Not really. We will show you how… Read on for some of our favorite water marble nails designs as well as some tips and tricks on how to water marble nails on your own!
Water Marble Nails that Totally Nail It
1. A Crack of Lightning – Much like a crack of lightning, water marble nails can give off a “flash” of brilliant light or can be as ominous as a loud crack of lightning. These water marble nails do a little bit of both… With a little water and a little nail polish, these water marble nails are the perfect storm.
2. Disco Fever – This funky yet retro water marble nail art design will really take you back…
With a perfect blend of bright green, blue, and purple, and a tie-dye effect positioned perfectly on the “ring” finger, this water marble nail art design truly gives off a fun “disco fever” feel.
3. Bright and Badass – Is there anything more badass than black and pink? We didn’t think so either, which is why we had to include this as one of our favorite water marble nails.
As you can see, the water marble nail art design is unique on each nail, with black as the base color and a swirl of pink to give these nails an awesome contrast.
One of the best things about water marble nails is that each and every design is truly unique. Why not get a little creative and fun? Play with different colors and different designs. From the “cracked” look to flowery art, part of what makes water marbling fun is that you never know what type of design you will get.
How to Water Marble Nails
So, how do you water marble nails? The video below shows you how to water marble nails in only a few simple steps. Here is a list of some helpful items you should have on hand.
- A small bowl of water
- Nail polish remover
- A handful of tissues
- Sticky tape
- Water marbling nail polish
- Base coat
- Top coat
- Tooth picks
- An old towel or rag
Once you have the necessary items nearby, now you can start water marbling nails.
- Start by performing the regular nail care steps (trimming, filing, cleaning the cuticles, applying the base coat, etc.)
- Second, apply one to two coats of the water marbling nail polish color of your choice.
- Next, carefully place sticky tape on the skin surrounding the nails and around your finger. Avoid sticking tape to your freshly painted nails.
- Now for the fun part… In your bowl of water, add a drop or two of the water marble nail polish color(s) of your choice.
- Using a toothpick, swirl the water and polish together in any design or shape you choose.
- Then, place one finger at a time into the water. Hold it there for a few seconds before removing.
- Remove your fingers from the water, and carefully remove the sticky tape.
- Finally, allow nails to dry or apply quick-drying spray (optional).
And there you have it! Love these water marble nail art designs? Have you tried water marbling nails yourself? If so, we’d love to hear all about it! Be sure to leave your comments, suggestions, and opinions in the box below. Love this article? Share it with your friends!
More Related Resources: